Easy-to-Craft Fall Leaf Centerpiece
Looking for an inexpensive, seasonal centerpiece that will last through the fall? All you need is some patterned scrapbook paper, twine, glitter spray and a few branches from your backyard.
By: Layla Palmer
- thin fallen branches
- variety of fall-colored, double-sided scrapbook paper
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- gold glitter spray
- vessel or vase of your choice
- Download: Fall Leaf Template
Gather thin branches from your backyard; remove any attached leaves then coat them with gold glitter spray.
Cut Out, Trace and Glue Leaves
Print out the leaf template attached above and cut it out with scissors (Image 1). Use a pencil to trace several paper leaves onto a variety of double-sided, patterned scrapbook papers (Image 2). Use a hot glue gun to attach paper leaves randomly to all sides of the branches (Image 3).
Wrap the base of each leaf with twine as shown below, then arrange branches in the vessel/vase of your choice.
Thanksgiving Place Card and Party Favor
How about a little pheasant to go with your turkey this Thanksgiving? These cute fellas are easy to make and act as both a place card and party favor your guests can take with them.
Natural Wheat Bundle Centerpiece
Here's an inexpensive take (under $10!) on a popular store bought fall centerpiece idea.
How to Make a Square Corn Husk Wreath
Put a contemporary twist on traditional fall decorating; easily create a square corn husk wreath for your front door.
New Thanksgiving Tradition: Create a Thankful Tree
Give thanks in a new way this holiday season. Invite friends and family to share what they are most thankful for by creating a thankful tree that can take center stage throughout the Thanksgiving holiday.
Make a Mini Pumpkin Wreath for Fall
Instead of making a wreath with bulky plastic gourds, try using putka pods, which are natural dried seed pods that look exactly like tiny pumpkins. This wreath makes an elegant fall statement that can be displayed year after year.
How to Make a Ship Centerpiece for Thanksgiving
Kids will love helping to make this large sailing ship centerpiece, which is reminiscent of the vessels that brought colonists to the new world. It's a cinch to make and will definitely bring a boat-load of fun to any Thanksgiving table.
Plaster Leaf Napkin Ring and Place Card
Coat silk leaves in budget-friendly plaster of Paris to create sleek napkin rings and place cards for your Thanksgiving table.
Fall Wool Sweater Pillow
Convert an old sweater into a cozy new throw pillow.
How to Make Pomegranate Place-Card Holders
Easily turn real or faux pomegranates into gilded place-card holders to add an organic, rustic touch to your Thanksgiving place settings.
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Place Card
Put the finishing touch on your Thanksgiving table with our free printable place cards.
- Our 45 Favorite Fall Decorating Ideas
- 25 Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- 31 Centerpieces You Can Make
- 25 Warm & Toasty Appetizers
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes & Sides
- 21 Cold Weather Cocktails
- 30 Irresistible Fall Desserts
- 10 Tips for a Simply Chic Thanksgiving
- Set Up a Turkey Day To-Go Station
- 20 Modern, Organic Table-Setting Ideas
- 21 Tips for Setting Up a Dessert Buffet
- Our Stars' Best Holiday Hosting Tips
- How to Set a Rustic Fall Table
- Set a Glamorous, Glittering Table
- Stress Less, Serve Buffet Style
- Host A Casual Thanksgiving Brunch
- Get Your Dining Room Ready to Party
- Set Up a Kid-Pleasing Snack Station
- Video: Tips From Our Pros
- Set Up a Kids' Thanksgiving Table
- 19 Turkey Day Kids' Crafts
- 15 Tips for Guest Bedrooms
- Host Weekend Guests Like a Pro
- 12 Guest Bathroom Prep Tips
- 8 Traditional Thanksgiving Decorating Ideas
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.