7 Things You Never Knew About Chip and Joanna Gaines
After spending a day with the Fixer Upper hosts, Sara Peterson — HGTV Magazine's Editor in Chief — is sharing everything she learned about the dynamic design duo.
- Walls made of shiplap (rough-sawed wood boards) are a style staple in Fixer Upper renos. So it’s no surprise their #shiplap T-shirt ($26, magnoliamarket.com) is a top seller at their store in Waco.
- Chip and Joanna don’t have a TV in their home. They watch episodes of Fixer Upper at a friend’s house — usually while eating dessert!
- Their 1895 farmhouse is the ninth home they’ve lived in and renovated together. They did a complete gut reno of it that took about a year.
- They once painted one of their houses school-bus yellow and hated it! Their current house is white (Alabaster by Sherwin-Williams).
- You can browse the Gaines’ new furniture line, Magnolia Home, at magnoliahomefurniture.com. Their pieces will start showing up in select retail stores this month.
- Joanna grows a ton of flowers and plants in her garden and her greenhouse. She likes to grow all the ingredients to make salsa (tomatoes, fresh herbs), and her favorite blooms are her pink antique roses.
- Chip has worn the same style of jeans and boots since they got married in 2003: Gap 1969 standard-fit jeans and Ariat boots. Joanna’s favorites are Citizen low-rise skinny jeans and Frye boots.
Chip and Joanna Gaines are Pregnant!
The Fixer Upper stars announced they're expecting their fifth child later this year.
Chip and Joanna Gaines: Fashion Icons
Their looks are...unforgettable.
Chip and Joanna Gaines Welcome Baby Crew
Gaines baby number 5 is here! Find out more about the growing 'Fixer Upper' family.
10 Cute-Overload Images of Joanna and Chip Gaines's Baby
Raise your hand if you’re surprised that Chip and Jo’s beautiful baby boy is already winning Instagram.
What We've Learned about Marriage from Chip and Joanna Gaines
Fixer Upper's dynamic duo go all in on every one of their projects. Our hands-down favorite: The rock-solid foundation of their relationship.
Chip and Joanna Gaines Return to TV -- With a Whole New Network
Just announced! Discovery Inc. and Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines, are teaming up to launch a multiplatform media company that will include a new television network as well as a 'TV Everywhere' app and more.
HGTV Magazine: November 2014
The online content from the November 2014 issue of HGTV Magazine.
Would You Buy a House Online?
These homeowners made the ultimate purchase without seeing it in person. Could you do the same?
A Local's Guide to Savannah
Stay, eat and play like a local with HGTV Magazine's guide to this storied Southern city.
Organization Tips for Every Room in Your Home
Order in the house! The HGTV Magazine editors are sharing their top tips for organizing every room — plus all the gear you need to get the job done.