Throw a Smart Graduation Party
Study up on some creative ideas for hosting a graduation party.
Professional party planners Mary Anderson and Ginger Venable offer ideas for hosting a graduation party.
- Have an old class photo enlarged to jumbo size, and hang it up as a poster. The guests will enjoy seeing themselves, and it makes a great keepsake.
- Make a tribute board with lots of fun photos from the life of the graduate. Make it colorful with bright paper and stickers.
- Decorate a mailbox and use as a centerpiece. Guests can put their cards in it, which will keep them all together and safe.
- Create custom frames with puff paint or stickers. It's great for displaying a senior photo, the graduation announcement or invitation to the party. Make several of them to give away as gifts to the friends of the graduate.
- Make festive centerpieces by painting or wrapping flowerpots in colorful wraps. Add some fresh potted flowers and personalize them with baby photos attached to garden picks.
- Chocolate mortarboard treats would be fabulous for the buffet table. Assemble the mortarboards using miniature peanut butter cups, chocolate bars, peanut butter and fruit rolls. Adhere a chocolate square to an inverted peanut butter up with a little peanut butter. Cut out a fruit roll and make a tiny tassel.
- Fill a gift basket with items the graduate might overlook. Include a camera with extra film and batteries, a distress sign for the car and pens and stationery for writing thank-you notes. Include some stamps for the notes.
- String up a clothesline and fill it with sports jerseys that the graduate has worn throughout his or her career.
Don't forget to place a big sign in the yard so guests can easily find the house.
Skip the chip and dips on Sunday, and score big with these football-inspired party ideas.
You don't have to be in Rio de Janeiro to celebrate the Summer Games.
Throw the ultimate 1920s-inspired party with these free printable accessories.
Because a baby shower doesn't have to be boring.
Thrill your grad (and all your guests!) with these simple graduation party ideas that are just as easy as they are impressive.
Halloween party season is upon us! Conjure up a spellbinding soiree with our tricks and treats.
These birthday candles are a tasty sight, but try not to eat them.
Check out these tips from our entertaining expert to make your party extra special and extra memorable.
Pamper yourself AND watch red carpet fashion all at once!
Here's how to create a sophisticated outdoor space perfect for summer entertaining.