Caring for Board Games
Follow these 8 tips for storing and protecting your favorite pastimes.
Wish there was a way to keep board games from falling apart and scattering their pieces to the four corners of the Earth? Actually, there are eight ways.
- Tape the game instructions to the inside of the box so they're handy and unlikely to get lost.
- Cut out red or black electrical tape to replace discolored squares on a checkerboard.
- Store game pieces in plastic zipper bags so they're less likely to get lost.
- Throw a fabric-softener sheet into the box to keep the game board from smelling musty.
- Place clear tape on box corners and along seams to prevent tearing along the corners and wearing along the seams. Reinforce board folds with packing tape.
- Clean board games with a sponge and a little soap and water. Lightly dampen the sponge and move it in a circular motion.
- Vacuum the holes on a Chinese checkerboard to remove harmful debris.
- Secure tops on board game boxes with yarn rather than rubber bands. Rubber bands may damage the boxes.
Here's How to Get Organized, Based on Your Zodiac Sign
Look to the stars for more structure in your life.
Ideas for Organizing Kids' Schoolwork Papers
It doesn’t take long once the new school year starts for parents to feel overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork that kids bring home from school. Try these clever ideas for sorting and organizing so that sanity reigns and missing assignments are no more.
DIY Colorful Wall-Mounted Stuffed Animal Storage
Keep the clutter off the floor by transforming wall shelves and elastic into colorful and kid-friendly storage for stuffed animals.
10 Best Stuffed Animal Storage Solutions
Put those cuddly companions in their place, once and for all, with our favorite toy bins, baskets, bookshelves and hammocks.
How to Get Organized for Good, According to Professional Organizers
The experts are telling all — including the storage solutions they use IRL and how to get an Instagram-worthy pantry that works for real life.
The Home Edit Just Added Two Clever Holiday Storage Bins to Its Organization Line at Walmart That You'll Want to Add to Your Cart
Do your future self a favor and make storing and organizing the holidays easy with these clever organizers. Plus, The Home Edit's entire line at Walmart is full of affordable organization buys for the entire home.
Closet Organization Ideas: Strategies for Clearing Closet Clutter
Get the organized closet of your dreams with our strategies for storing clothes, photos and art supplies. Plus, learn how to turn your closet into a home office.
Mother's Day Kids' Craft: Fingerprint Table Runner
Get the kids involved in crafting and decorating for Mother's Day brunch by personalizing a plain white table runner with colorful fingerprints.
How to Make a Rolling Power Tool Storage System
Easily store long power tools such as weed eaters, pole saws and leaf blowers off the ground and out of the way with this rolling storage system.
How to Successfully Organize Your Pantry and Keep It Neat All Year
Follow these pantry organizing tips to make your kitchen look professional-level organized.