Caring for Board Games
Follow these 8 tips for storing and protecting your favorite pastimes.
Wish there was a way to keep board games from falling apart and scattering their pieces to the four corners of the Earth? Actually, there are eight ways.
- Tape the game instructions to the inside of the box so they're handy and unlikely to get lost.
- Cut out red or black electrical tape to replace discolored squares on a checkerboard.
- Store game pieces in plastic zipper bags so they're less likely to get lost.
- Throw a fabric-softener sheet into the box to keep the game board from smelling musty.
- Place clear tape on box corners and along seams to prevent tearing along the corners and wearing along the seams. Reinforce board folds with packing tape.
- Clean board games with a sponge and a little soap and water. Lightly dampen the sponge and move it in a circular motion.
- Vacuum the holes on a Chinese checkerboard to remove harmful debris.
- Secure tops on board game boxes with yarn rather than rubber bands. Rubber bands may damage the boxes.
Organization is key for avoiding stressful school mornings. We've asked real moms and professional organizers to share their advice for making hectic mornings as stress-free as possible.
Look to the stars for more structure in your life.
9 tips for turning cluttered drawers into useful storage space.
Let’s face it: Cleaning isn't most people’s idea of fun. But there’s also no reason to make it harder than it has to be. Take some of the pain out of household chores with these tips for keeping cleaning supplies sorted and at the ready.
6 steps to a spruced-up space
Check out these three tricks for kicking the “I’ll organize it later” habit.
It doesn’t take long once the new school year starts for parents to feel overwhelmed by the amount of paperwork that kids bring home from school. Try these clever ideas for sorting and organizing so that sanity reigns and missing assignments are no more.
Organizing kids' clothing — and keeping it that way — is possible with these 10 closet organizing tips.
Before you can dig out of your disorganized state, you have to understand what led you there. Professional organizer Vicki Norris sheds light on five common causes of clutter buildup in our homes and lives.
HGTV asked viewers to share their best decluttering and organizing tips. See which clever life hacks made the list.