3 Budget-Friendly DIYs Perfect for Your Porch
HGTV Magazine gave this porch a whole new look thanks to low-cost DIY projects. Here's how to recreate the projects in your own home.
DIY Painted Drop Cloth Rug
1. Open the cloth drop cloth, and iron out the wrinkles. Lay it on a plastic drop cloth, then use a roller to paint the cloth one light blue (we used Cloudless by Sherwin-Williams). Let dry.
2. Starting at the top center of the cloth, adhere your stencil with repositionable spray mount. Use a pouncer or a stencil brush to fill it in with paint (we used Capri by Sherwin-Williams). Remove the stencil, then repeat, working your way across in both directions until the top row is finished. Repeat until the drop cloth is completely stenciled. Let dry.
DIY Painted Pallet Coffee Table
1. Paint the pallet yellow (we used Decisive Yellow by Sherwin-Williams), and let dry.
2. Attach wheels according to the package instructions.
DIY Painted Curtain Panels
1. At two different heights, attach a safety pin to each side of one curtain panel to mark the points where you want each shade of blue to end.
2. Soak the curtain panel in warm water, then squeeze it out.
3. Fill a large plastic storage tub with hot water, and mix in some of the dye according to the package instructions.
4. Place the bottom of the curtain in the dye mixture up to the top two safety pins, and let sit for about 10 minutes.
5. Remove the curtain from the dye, and rinse it under cold water until the water runs clear. Squeeze it out.
6. Add more dye to the storage tub to make the mixture darker.
7. Repeat the dye process, dipping the curtain again but only up to the lower two safety pins. Let sit for about 20 minutes.
8. Remove the curtain from the dye, and rinse it under cold water until the water runs clear. Let dry overnight.
9. Repeat for the second curtain panel.