Make Chandeliers and Table Settings Sparkle
Use unusual items and colors to decorate chandeliers and tables for the holidays.
Here are some ideas for nontraditional table settings for your dining room:
- Start with a sheer floor-length tablecloth and divide the table into four sections with beautiful sheer lime ribbons placed perpendicular to each other. This is a lovely way to separate the place settings and add visual interest to the skirt of the tablecloth.
- The next layer to the table is the napkins with ornaments attached with ribbons used as napkin rings that are also guest gifts. If desired, use a paint pen or glitter glue to include guest initials.
- Address the centerpiece once the place settings are in position and determine what height, size and shape is appropriate.
- The final touch of sequins or stamped holiday shapes sprinkled all over the table adds even more sparkle.
- To give the chairs a holiday twist, place them with their back toward the table. In this position, the host and hostess can add beautifully wrapped gifts to the seats for the lucky diners.
We’ve dreamed up two fun ways to deck out your table this season: One vintage, one modern.
Here's how to create larger-than-life holiday ornaments for display.
Here are some tips to create ornaments to make each season memorable.
No mantel? No problem. Build this simple ladder to hold your stockings near the fireplace in style.
Don't let Santa pass you by just because you don't have a mantel. These creative alternatives are just the thing for a holly jolly Christmas.
Turn our free printable sleigh template into personalized place cards for your Christmas party.
Impress your family and friends with minimal effort.
Host Sandra Lee shares 12 expert tips to make holiday decorating and entertaining a snap.
Need a last-minute gift or the perfect way to present a gift card? These easy gifts in Mason jars should do the trick!
Make meals an event by creating a memorable tablescape.