Money-Saving Household Tips
Household expenses are a great place to start saving money. Here are six everyday ways to cut your budget.
- There is no need to buy both the bottled wood-oil soap and the spray-bottle version. Just dilute the bottled version and put into a spray bottle. The mixture should be one part soap to one part water.
- Make your own quick microwave cleaners. Just dampen a paper towel, spritz it with lemon juice and microwave on high for a minute. The microwave should easily wipe clean.
- Make your own pretreater by keeping diluted laundry detergent in a spray/squeeze bottle. The mixture should be one part detergent to one part water.
- Rub clothes with a wire hanger to get rid of static cling.
- Buy bulk-size tissues and refill decorative boxes with them.
- Use a dehydrator for vegetables you can't use or get your family to eat. You can use them later for soups and stews.