Cheap Outdoor Kitchen Ideas
Outdoor kitchens are known for being expensive. Factor in durable, weather-resistant materials, quality appliances and electrical and plumbing installation, and you may feel like you're tackling a full kitchen renovation.
But before you get bogged down by the costs, there are a variety of simple (and inexpensive) ways to create an outdoor entertainment center without breaking the bank.
First, consider purchasing a pre-made outdoor grill island or bar-style structure. This can help to eliminate what can be costly custom improvements like concrete countertops and stone bases. It's also a great solution for homeowners who would like to take the grilling station with them for a future home.
For some more cheap outdoor kitchen ideas, consider using salvaged materials—such as reclaimed woods or recycled materials like stones, pavers or bricks—in your project.
Don't overestimate the importance of stylish but inexpensive decor, which plays an important supporting role. Consider flea market finds like vintage plastic lounge chairs, lights strung around the patio for added ambiance or planters and window boxes to add natural beauty.
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- 7 of Our Favorite Outdoor Cooking and Dining Areas
- Selecting Outdoor Kitchen Flooring
- Maximum Home Value Outdoor Living Projects: Outdoor Kitchen
- Create a Budget Outdoor Kitchen With These 10 Finds