Ornaments Show Off a Personal Touch
A citizen of Mackinac, Mich., puts her own twist on Christmas with hand-painted ornaments.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Materials and Tools:
frosted glass ornaments (available at crafts supply stores)
acrylic paints, various colors
mug or glass (with mouth wide enough to hold ornament)
bowl of clean water
plastic artist's palette (or plastic plate)
1. Place ornament on top of the mug or glass. This will hold the ornament steady as you paint.
2. Dispense various paint colors onto an artist's palette or plastic plate for easy access.
3. Dip the tip of your paintbrush into one desired color and begin painting design onto the ornament. Let the newly painted design dry on one side before turning the ornament to paint another side.
4. Before changing colors, make sure to clean brush in water and dry with paper towel.
5. Leave ornament in mug and allow the paint to dry fully before packaging as a gift or hanging on your tree.
A resident of Mountain View, Ark., creates a host of angels using the simplest of materials.
This feathery penguin ornament is a great addition to any Christmas tree. Follow these instructions by Barbara Greve to make...
A cone fairy ornament is a great addition to your Christmas tree. Follow these instructions by Kathleen George to learn how to...