Decoupage Photo and Quote Cans
Give empty cans new purpose by covering them with colorful images and favorite sayings.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- tin cans
- super blue (available at gun supply stores)
- metal cleaner/degreaser (available at gun supply stores)
- photos printed onto flexible papers
- spray adhesive
- workable fixative or hairspray
- clear sealer, such as shellac or varnish
- headlines from old magazines or newspapers
- bold spray paint (if desired)
Sand can to remove coating using sandpaper or steel wool then rub with a metal cleaner or degreaser.
Distress or Paint Cans
Give cans an aged look by applying a gun bluing product, such as super blue. Brush on, allow to work and then rinse. Tip: If you don't want a rustic look, instead spray paint cans with a bold color.
Size and print photos based on the area to be covered. Experiment with different papers, but only use ones that are thin and flexible enough to wrap around can.
Turn treasured photos into handmade gifts for family and friends with some help from HGTV craft experts.