Creepy Specimen Art
Create art that's perfect to decorate the house for Halloween and then leave up in a boy's room year round.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- 13" x 13" T-shirt display or box frame with glass front
- craft punch featuring 1-1/2-inch bats, spiders or whatever Halloween motif you choose
- decorative craft paper in various patterns and colors
- 14" x 14" square of plain-colored fabric
- heavy-duty tape
- miniature adhesive circles
Wrap the Frame Insert
To start, wrap the plain-colored fabric over the frame's background insert, which should be about 12"x12". Secure with heavy tape.
Using either a craft punch or Silhouette machine, cut out a uniform number of specimens from the craft paper. They should be the same size but vary in color, print and design.
Bend the Cut-Outs
Give dimension to your project by bending the wings of your bats upward.
Designer Michelle Buckley shares her ideas for creating an unusual experience this Halloween: Turn your front yard into a...