Make Christmas Ornaments From Old Shirts
Recycled clothes lend a well-dressed touch to your holiday tree.
- old shirts
- foam balls
- straight pins
- floral wire
- Find vintage shirts patterns that work with your holiday theme.
- Cut all the seams off the shirt, including the collar, cuffs and yolk. Then, take off the buttons. This will ensure you get as much fabric as you can.
- Use different-sized foam balls and straight pins.
- Lay out a piece of the fabric. Roll one of the balls with the piece of fabric to find out how big the strips need to be to cover the foam. Cut the fabric this length so you have a big strip.
- Fold the strip up lengthwise four times and cut different widths.
- Take one end of the fabric and wrap it around the ball and pin it. Continue this process until the entire ball is covered. A second set of hands is helpful.
- Use floral wire to adhere the ball to garland, a wreath or a tree.