Peppers Stuffed With Creole Fried Rice Recipe
Andrea Correale of Elegant Affairs, Eric Striffler Photography
4 Holland peppers, hollowed out
1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
2 cups chicken broth
1 pound boneless and skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 teaspoon Creole seasoning
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 pound Andouille sausage
1/2 small onion, chopped
1/2 small red bell pepper, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, sliced (green part only)
1. Cook the rice, but substitute the water for chicken broth. Let the rice cool completely.
2. Cut chicken thighs into 1-inch pieces and sprinkle with Creole seasoning.
3. Heat oil in a large skillet, and cook chicken until lightly browned.
4. Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent.
5. Increase the heat to high and add the rice. Stir constantly until thoroughly heated.
6. Add in the tomatoes and green onions.
7. Stuff into the hollowed-out peppers and serve.