Outdoor Kitchen Bars
What's better than a backyard with equipped with a top-of-the-line grill and plush, comfortable seating? The backyard with an outdoor kitchen bar. (Think increased entertainment capabilities.)
Like the indoor kitchen island's much-used breakfast bar, the outdoor kitchen bar provides a designated space for family members and guests alike to pull up a chair, eat a meal and stay a while—not to mention a prime place to interact with the chef or enjoy the scenery.
As with the indoor kitchen island, the outdoor kitchen bar requires forethought on functionality in addition to aesthetics. While similar design considerations will apply (think countertop work space, single-height or double-height counters, an overhang for leg room and drawers for storage space), you'll also want to keep factors like weather resistance and durability in mind.
Perhaps the most important element of creating an outdoor kitchen bar: keeping it covered, whether via pergola, umbrella, thatched roof or overhang. This will not only help shield your investment from the elements, but it will also extend the life of your appliances, surfaces and materials.
- 12 Outdoor Kitchens That Will Get You Outside
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- Selecting Outdoor Kitchen Flooring
- Maximum Home Value Outdoor Living Projects: Outdoor Kitchen
- Create a Budget Outdoor Kitchen With These 10 Finds