'Last-to-Go' Box Checklist
After a long day of moving, the last thing you'll feel like doing is rooting through boxes to find your toothbrush. Pack these items into a "special box" that stays with you on moving day.
By: Kara Wahlgren
Keep this box off the moving truck and close at hand -- the stuff inside will probably come in handy at some point during the day.
- Your wallet, checkbook, and/or ATM card
- Bottled water
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and soap
- Any prescription medications
- Cell phone and charger
- Snacks that don't require refrigeration or cooking (granola bars, nuts, bread, PB, etc)
- Paper cups, paper plates, and plastic utensils
- Scissors and tape
- Closing documents if you're buying a new home
- Important files
- Medical records