Coastal Citrus Punch
This refreshing punch can be made in a large glass jug and placed in a pail of ice for your summertime gathering. Place additional fruit and ice in glasses for a fun, decorative touch.
- 2 medium lemons, sliced thin
- 3 oranges, sliced thin
- 1 lime, sliced thin
- 1 dozen green grapes cut in half
- 3 750-ml bottles off-dry white Riesling wine, chilled
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed and chilled, 4 to 5 lemons
- 3 cups white grape juice
- 3 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- 4 cups sparkling water, chilled
Juice the lemons and oranges. Strain the juice.
At least 3 hours and up to 6 hours before serving, combine the syrup, lemon juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, wine and strawberries in a large bowl or pot. Chill in the refrigerator.
Just before serving, pour the punch into a large chilled punch bowl or glass bottle. Add the sparkling water and gently stir.
Serve punch over ice with additional cut fruit.