Copy the Cover: Get HGTV Magazine's Look in Your Home
Like what you see? HGTV Magazine is helping you take accessories from our pages and put them into your home.
Photo By: DAVID A. LAND
Warm Up Your Entry
Layer up patterns in a mix of warm hues for an entry that's chic and cozy — like this one from the cover of HGTV Magazine.
Make Your Kitchen Extra-Cool
Want to make your kitchen as gorgeous as this one from the cover of HGTV Magazine?
Our easy tips:
- 1. Add a Peel-and-Stick backsplash: These days, faux tile you stick right on the wall looks like the real deal! Take it all the way to the ceiling for a wall of wow. Some good places to shop for peel-and-stick tile are Quadrostyle, Mirth Studio and Smart Tiles.
- 2. Get Really Glam Barstools: A new row of seats can make a big impact, especially when they’re metallic and have cool legs.
- 3. Paint your island: Got all-white cabinets? The contrast of dark gray painted on an island creates drama — the good kind.
Make Your Patterns Pop
A little wallpaper goes a long way! Putting a bold pattern on an interior door gives a room major pop. In fact, it’s a pretty simple project. This door from the cover of HGTV Magazine got a nice coat of navy paint and wallpaper on the inset panels.
Our Key Pointers:
- For the cleanest cut, trim paper with a crafts knife. Regardless of which type of wallpaper you’re applying (including the peel-and-stick kind), start in a corner. If wallpaper paste is involved, pour into a paint tray and spread on the back of the paper with a roller. De-wrinkle with a wallpaper smoother. (Wallpaper: Octavia sisal wallpaper in navy from Schumacher)
Create an Outdoor Escape
You can practically feel the breeze from here! Set up a deck dining space, like this one from the cover of HGTV Magazine, with a few super-fresh accessories.
Add Black, White and COLOR
What’s black and white and colorful all over? This cover of HGTV Magazine! Oh, and anyplace you try this lively combo. For similar colorful mats, go to Etsy: ArtAndPhotoFraming. The black frames are available at Picture Frames.
Our Gallery Wall Tips:
- 1. Odd numbers make it cool. A staggered grouping of five pieces in various sizes is more interesting than an even number of pieces in symmetrical rows.
- 2. You just can’t go wrong with all black-and-white art. It’s so easy to mix and match! Photos, illustrations, abstract prints — they look so good together because they share a simple palette.
- 3. Colorful mats are a fun surprise. They add a professional finish to framed art, but doing each mat in a different bright color makes this group super-duper special.
Showcase Spring Vibes
While we love all colors, we'll admit: We super-heart a classic blue-and-white combo like this one from the cover of HGTV Magazine.
Create a Cute and Cozy Stair Situation
Even if your stairs didn’t get the memo about having a nook, these finds from HGTV Magazine make any tight spot cozier.
Find Your Sunny Space
How could sunny cabinets, pops of mint and a lemon planter not make you happy? Exactly.
Try a Cute Spin on Festive
Trim the tree, hang the garland and wrap your presents in a very merry berry palette like this one from HGTV Magazine.
Get All Set for Guests
A teal sideboard with pink and brass accents (like this one from HGTV Magazine) is pretty every day, not just Turkey Day.
Make It Fun, Fall and Dotty
Cozy fabrics, warm colors — how could anyone not want to curl up in this corner from HGTV Magazine?
Pro tip: Wallpaper, but no — those dots are decals! Just peel and stick, spacing them however you’d like. (Urban Walls, $29 for 140 decals)
Change Up Your Home Office
A grouping of cool art and a pink and blue palette make this home office, featured on the cover of HGTV Magazine, total desk goals. Pro Tip: A picture ledge creates the feel of a gallery wall without all the nail holes. Just perch art on it and change it up anytime.
Layer Some Summertime Accessories
A hanging swing with nautical pillows, like this one from HGTV Magazine, turns any porch into an escape. All together now: Aaah.
Give Your Entryway a Pop of Color
This issue of HGTV Magazine, that cheery cabinet, that rainbow art, that little blue pup: Color lovers rejoice!