Change up your chairs' look and make them more comfortable with this project.
Let your dining room’s style change with the seasons with this easy slipcover project.
Materials and Tools:
white felt (or batting)
1. Measure width of chair back (including half the distance around the thickness of the back on both sides) and desired length of slipcover (including half the distance around the thickness of the top of the chair back). Add extra for seam allowances and hems. Cut two pieces of the main fabric and one piece of lining to this size.
2. Iron top edge of lining over by 1/2 inch and pin to the wrong side of the front fabric, making sure the bottom edges line up and the top folded edge is about 1 inch down from the top edge of the front.
3. With right sides facing, pin the front and back panels together and zigzag-stitch the seams around the sides and top. Fold hem 1/2 inch twice, pin and stitch in place.
4. Fill pocket with double layer of felt cut to size.
5. Turn slipcover right side out and iron flat. Slip over chair back.
Make a Table Slipcover
Sew a slipcover for any table by following these step-by-step instructions.
How to Customize a Headboard Slipcover
Take your holiday decor into the bedroom with these step-by-step instructions for sewing a holiday headboard slipcover.
Create a Custom Headboard Slipcover
Create your own reversible headboard slipcover with the help of Design Star finalist Alice Fakier.
How to Sew Chair Covers
Sew fabric panels that imitate the shape of chair backs to minimize the amount of wood in a room or for special occasions. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
The Versatility of Slipcovers
Discover how slipcovers can provide a quick and easy makeover for any room in your home.
Easy-Sew Ghostly Chair Slipcover
Use gauzy fabric and cheesecloth to give a traditional dining chair a ghostly silhouette for Halloween. With raw edges and a simple shape, this slipcover is a snap to make using basic sewing skills.
How to Make a Dog Ottoman and Slipcover
Give your favorite pooch a place to relax and join the family by building him a simple ottoman.
Make an Easy Headboard Slipcover
Update a basic wooden headboard with a simple slipcover using no staples or batting just interesting fabric, ties and a monogram.
Easy Chair Covers
Try these tips for dressing up dining room chairs for parties or just for kicks.
How to Make a Custom Dining Chair Slipcover
Give everyday dining chairs a stylish makeover with easy-to-create linen slipcovers with flirty ruffled skirts. Slipcovers are a great way to disguise mismatched seating or give dated chairs a quick update.
Found a living space you love in HGTV's Photo Library? Get the look in your own home with products from Wayfair.
Photo Friday: Cooking and Dining in the Great Outdoors
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 28, 2015 by Beth Rucker
This or That: Pick Your Favorite Vintage Find From Fixer Upper
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 27, 2015 by Farima Alavi
6 Essentials for the Perfect Tailgate Party + Win the 1 Thing You Really Need
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 25, 2015 by Farima Alavi
Discover the Winning Hue in Our Color Vs. Color Competition!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Kayla Kitts
Copy This Room: Get Beach Flip Style in Your Living Room
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 24, 2015 by Shannon Petrie
4 Ways to Personalize Your Dorm Desk + College Goodie Giveaway!
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 21, 2015 by Farima Alavi
The Easiest (and Cutest!) DIY Dorm Roommate Mugs Ever
HGTV Design Blog – Design Happens Aug 20, 2015 by Marianne Canada