DIY: Hanging Mason Jar Storage
To see all of Quimby's one-of-a-kind creations, check out this photo gallery that takes you through her kitchen full of recycled projects.
- canning jars with lids (6 were used for this project)
- Phillips-head screw driver
- flat-head nail (3/8” x 18”) or something similar
- scrap piece of wood or another flat, hard surface
- 6 screws (no longer than width of surface jars hang from)
Remove the lid from the jar. It will separate in two pieces: the rim and a flat top.
Place the flat top on the scrap piece of wood. You can use any flat surface that you don’t mind putting a hole in, like an old cutting board. Hammer the nail into the center of the flat top, just wide enough to create a small hole.
Place the flat tin top back inside the rim, and screw the entire lid on to the underside of a shelf or cabinet you plan to hang the jars from. Add anything you’d like to store in the jar and tighten it around the lid. Be mindful to hold the bottom when opening and closing the Mason jars.
Courtesy of Etsy.com