HGTV Smart Home 2020 Sweepstakes Rules
Enter daily, once on HGTV.com and once on diynetwork.com, for your chance to win HGTV® Smart Home 2020 located in Pittsburgh.
The following promotion is intended for viewing in the United States only (including territories, possessions, and commonwealths) and will be construed and evaluated according to United States laws. Do not proceed in this site if you are not a legal resident of the U.S., 21 years or older, and accessing this site in the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths.
HGTV® SMART HOME GIVEAWAY 2020
OFFICIAL RULES – NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- How to Enter: Beginning at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 22, 2020 until 5:00 p.m. ET on June 12, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Period”), you may enter the HGTV Smart Home 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”): (i) by visiting the HGTV website (www.hgtv.com/) (the “HGTV Website”) and completing and submitting the online entry form; and/or (ii) online, by visiting the DIY Network website (www.diynetwork.com) (the “DIY Network Website” and collectively with the HGTV Website, the “Websites”) and completing and submitting the online entry form. Limit of one (1) entry, per valid email address, per eligible person, per day on the HGTV Website, and one (1) entry, per valid email address, per eligible person, per day on the DIY Network Website, for a total of two (2) entries per day. For purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” begins at 12:00 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET unless specified otherwise. In order to access the Website and in an effort to optimize Website user experience, ad blocking software on your computer needs to be disabled. These official rules are also available at the Websites.
- Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the U.S. and its territories, possessions and commonwealths who are 21 years of age or older as of April 19, 2020, except employees and members of their households, whether or not related, and immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses regardless of where they reside) of Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a HGTV (“Sponsor”) and Mercedes-Benz USA LLC, Keurig®, LendingTree, LLC, Cabinets To Go, The Sherwin-Williams Company, SimpliSafe, Inc., Sleep Number Corporation, VELUX America LLC, Kohler Co., Mitsubishi Electric Trane HVAC US, Church & Dwight Co., Inc., Trex Company, Inc., Bassett Furniture Industries, Inc., Ritway, Inc., and any other participating parties and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, dealerships, and affiliates, and their advertising and promotion agencies and all local sponsors and all other participating parties (collectively, the “Participating Parties”), are not eligible to enter or win the Grand Prize. Sponsor reserves the right to conduct a background check on any potential Grand Prize Winner (as defined below) and reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any person based on such background check if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that awarding the prize to such potential Grand Prize Winner might reflect negatively on Sponsor or any of the Participating Parties.
- How the Grand Prize Winner will be Determined: One (1) potential grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be chosen by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the entire Sweepstakes Period on or about June 19, 2020 (the “Grand Prize Drawing”) by Ritway, Inc., an independent judging organization (“Sweepstakes Administrator”). Sponsor anticipates that the potential Grand Prize Winner will be contacted either by phone, e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail, or in person via an “ambush style” visit by Sponsor representatives at the Grand Prize Winner’s home or other location between June 26 – July 13, 2020 (subject to change). The potential Grand Prize Winner may be filmed or otherwise recorded during such visit by Sponsor. Grand Prize Winner may also be required to travel to the HGTV Smart Home for home reveal filming (currently scheduled for July 17 – July 19, 2020, or other such dates to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) at Sponsor’s expense. Entrants are advised to add email@example.com to their “safe senders” list to ensure that any email notification is delivered to their inbox. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, a non-disclosure agreement, and release of liability and publicity (where permitted by law), and return same, fully-executed, within five (5) business days of date of issuance of prize notification. If Sponsor is unable to contact the potential Grand Prize Winner within five (5) business days of the initial attempt, if the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to return all requested forms fully-executed by the specified date, or if the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to comply with these Official Rules, including traveling on the dates and times required by Sponsor, his/her place as a possible Grand Prize Winner will be forfeited at Sponsor’s discretion, and an alternate Grand Prize Winner shall be selected. Sponsor reserves the right to select the winner in a random drawing format that shall be determined by Sponsor.
- Limitations of Liability: Sponsor, the Participating Parties, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes; inability to access the Websites; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; printing, typographical, human or other errors; and any entries which are late, lost, incomplete, or any combination thereof. Entries are considered only upon receipt. Online submission is not considered proof of delivery or receipt. By entering, all participants and/or entrants agree to release the Released Parties from and against all claims and damages arising in connection with each entrant’s participation and/or entry in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her receipt or use of any element of the Grand Prize awarded in this Sweepstakes including any injury or harm resulting from or any travel or activity related thereto. Any and all warranties and guarantees with respect to any prize element are subject to the respective manufacturer’s terms. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If by reason of a printing or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. You further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. You acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
- Prize Terms: Sponsor and Sweepstakes Administrator’s decisions with respect to the Grand Prize Winner and other matters pertaining to the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding. By entering into the Sweepstakes, each entrant consents to the use by Sponsor and Participating Parties and their designees of entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice, performance and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes including Participating Parties’ content in any and all media (including online announcements) now or hereafter known, throughout the universe in perpetuity without additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. In addition, participants in any of Sponsor’s on-air presentations will be required to sign any agreements and releases designed by Sponsor with respect to their services and performances. The rights include on-location or studio-based on-air camera appearances, footage created when the potential Grand Prize Winner is contacted, and any photographs, videos, or other materials provided by Grand Prize Winner to Sponsor.
- Conditions of Entry: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Sweepstakes, or if computer virus, bug, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or technical difficulties or other failures compromise, corrupt, or affect the administration, integrity, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process and void any entries submitted fraudulently, to modify or suspend the Sweepstakes, or to terminate the Sweepstakes and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the termination date. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the Websites. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of the potential Grand Prize Winner based on an e-mail address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Such Authorized account holder will be required to comply with these Official Rules.
- Grand Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall win the Grand Prize, which consists of: (i) the home located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (the “HGTV Smart Home 2020”) that is featured in the “HGTV Smart Home 2020” special (including home furnishings, fixtures, artwork, and merchandise) (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $1,391,424); (ii) One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000) (awarded in the form of electronic funds transfer) courtesy of LendingTree (the “Cash Prize”); and (iii) a 2020 Mercedes-Benz GLB automobile (MSRP: $61,150) (the “Mercedes-Benz Prize”). Actual value of HGTV Smart Home 2020 depends on market fluctuations. All components (as applicable) of the HGTV Smart Home 2020 will be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. The HGTV Smart Home 2020 shall be conveyed to the Grand Prize Winner without representations or warranties, express or implied, other than those, if any, provided by the contractor (“Contractor”) whom Sponsor has commissioned to remodel the HGTV Smart Home 2020, and any applicable manufacturers’ warranties. Real estate transfer taxes, deed recording charges, closing costs, current and future real estate taxes, title insurance, homeowner’s hazard and liability insurance, and all other taxes, costs, fees, and expenses related to the purchase, receipt, ownership and maintenance of the house shall be the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner commencing as of the date the Grand Prize Winner accepts the Grand Prize. The Released Parties shall not be responsible for construction delays and condition of title to home shall otherwise be as set forth in the agreement to transfer ownership of the HGTV Smart Home 2020. For the Mercedes-Benz Prize, the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for the taxes, registration, insurance (proof of which must be shown prior to the Grand Prize Winner taking possession of vehicle along with a valid U.S. driver’s license), license, pickup costs at the automobile dealership designated by Mercedes-Benz USA and any other option not included on the stated model. Mercedes-Benz USA shall make all necessary disclosures to all Federal, State and local taxing authorities regarding the Mercedes-Benz Prize, and Mercedes-Benz USA makes no warranty other than that expressed in its new vehicle limited warranty, a printed copy of which shall be furnished with the Mercedes-Benz Prize, and to the fullest extent allowed under the law disclaims all implied warranties including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of fitness and merchantability. In lieu of taking title to the HGTV Smart Home 2020 (and the contents of the HGTV Smart Home 2020), the Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving Six Hundred Thousand Dollars ($600,000) (awarded in the form of electronic funds transfer) (the “Cash Option”). If Grand Prize Winner elects to take the Cash Option, the Grand Prize Winner will still receive the Cash Prize and the Mercedes-Benz Prize. If the Grand Prize Winner cannot take possession of the HGTV Smart Home 2020 due to a force majeure event, failure of construction, or any other reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner shall receive the Cash Option, Cash Prize and Mercedes-Benz Prize. Total ARV of Grand Prize is $1,552,574 if Grand Prize Winner takes title to the HGTV Smart Home 2020 or $761,150 if Grand Prize Winner selects the Cash Option in lieu of the HGTV Smart Home 2020.
- General Prize Conditions: All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with a prize or the acceptance and use of any element of a prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. All federal, state, and local taxes on a prize are Grand Prize Winner’s responsibility. The Grand Prize Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the ARV of the prize. The specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prizes in the Sweepstakes shall be solely determined by Sponsor. Some restrictions may apply. Prizes cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize, or portions thereof, with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion.
- Disputes/Governing Law: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these rules, or the rights and obligations of any entrant or the Participating Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions which would cause the application or the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee. Any action or litigation concerning this Sweepstakes shall take place exclusively in the federal or state courts sitting in Knox County, Tennessee, and all entrants, identifiable persons, or third-party participants expressly consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive all defenses of lack of jurisdiction and inconvenient forum with respect to such courts. Any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. You agree to service of process by mail or other method acceptable under the laws of the State of Tennessee. ANY CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND/OR AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES. ALL PARTICIPANTS AND ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR CLAIMS TO ATTORNEY'S FEES, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ENTRANT, IDENTIFIABLE PERSONS, OR THIRD PARTY PARTICIPANTS, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR NOT AND WHETHER BASED ON NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE.
- Winner List: Beginning on or about July 31, 2020, you may obtain the name of the Grand Prize Winner by going to the HGTV Website (http://www.hgtv.com/).
- Sponsor: Scripps Networks, LLC d/b/a Home & Garden Television, 9721 Sherrill Boulevard, Knoxville, TN 37932.
- Sweepstakes Administrator: Ritway, Inc., 1463 E. Weisgarber Road, Knoxville, TN 37909.