What to Know Before Buying a Home
Before hitting the streets to look for a home, check out these helpful facts and figures from the experts at Sleep On It.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- Be sure to ask your realtor what fixes and furniture are being sold with the house. Questionable items should be itemized in the purchase contract.
- Try flushing the toilets when house shopping. Chugging drains and running water could be plumbing problems.
- Fixing a home's foundation can be one of the more expensive repairs, so be on the lookout for things like dampness in the basement.
- To freshen up a musty basement, open the windows and wash the floors and walls with a solution of 3/4 cup bleach and 1 gallon of water.
- Most homeowners tend to stay in their homes for about six years.