Paper Tole Technique: Easter Scrapbook Page
In this project learn how to make paper tole images for a fun Easter scrapbook page.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Designed by Brandi Ginn. Demonstrated by Michele Gerbrandt.
Materials and Tools:
2 duplicate sheets of pattern papers
12 x 12 sheet card stock or pattern paper for background
coordinating card stock for photo mats
flat sheet of craft foam or mouse pad
1/8" thick self-adhesive foam spacers
1. Cut out some design elements from the patterned paper using both of the sheets of paper. Cut enough pieces to have two of each of the elements.
2. Using one of the elements, cut it apart along a natural cutting line. You will end up with one whole element and one pieced element.
3. Lay each piece right side down on craft foam. Gently shape and curl the whole element using the embossing stylus. Repeat this step on the cut pieces as well.
4. Use the round tip of the plastic spoon to rub the pieces in a circular motion to make the pieces curl. Be careful as rubbing too much can crumple the paper.
5. Adhere curled pieces on top of matching single element using foam spacers, aligning cut pieces over the original pattern.
Add a little action to your scrapbook layouts by cutting out portions of the photos to create movable images.