How to Make a Front Porch Christmas Tree
Create a country-style look on the front porch this holiday season with some indoor/outdoor materials and a few gifts from Mother Earth.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- one live or artificial Christmas tree and tree stand
- large basket (inside dimensions must be larger than the Christmas tree stand)
- 6-8 large stones or bricks
- one roll of burlap garland (available at arts and crafts stores)
- two packages of plastic indoor/outdoor ornaments
- 48 small twigs
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- one package of wire ornament hooks
Choose a basket that is wide enough to completely surround the Christmas tree stand. It should be at least 10 inches high, but not too much higher than the bottom branches of the tree.
If it's a lidded basket, remove the lid with a wire cutter.
Place the Christmas tree and stand in the basket. Once it's in position, cover the stand with several large stones or bricks to ensure that it doesn't ever topple over.
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share instructions for creating a runway of glowing votive candles to light the way for Santa.
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share instructions for creating architectural letters with a worn metal look that are sure to...
Whether adorning your front door or decorating your mantel, try one of these stunning Christmas wreaths from HGTV.com.(10 photos)