Black Cat Outdoor Halloween Decoration
Create an arched-back black cat cut-out for your front yard to give trick-or-treaters and Halloween guests a fright.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
- 2 'x 2' piece of plywood
- fine-toothed wood-cutting jigsaw blade
- electric drill with an extra-large drill bit
- 18" wood landscaping stakes two
- pneumatic nail gun and nails
- sanding block with 80-grit sandpaper
- black exterior paint
- Download: Halloween Scaredy Cat Template
Print and Cut Out Template
To create an oversized cat, have a local copy shop print out a 2' x 2' version of the cat template. Using scissors, cut out pattern.
Tip: If you'd prefer, you can create smaller versions of the cat using templates printed onto standard printer paper.
Use a pencil to trace the cat template onto a 2' x 2' piece of plywood.
Cut Cat Out
Use a jigsaw equipped with a fine-toothed wood-cutting blade to cut the cat out by slowly following your pencil lines.
The holiday experts at HGTV.com share how to create a larger-than-life rat cut-out as an outdoor decoration for Halloween.