Glittered Thanksgiving Banner
Use copper glitter to transform chipboard letters into a festive Thanksgiving decoration. Hang your banner on a buffet, mantel, banister or above a doorway as a reminder to give thanks.
By: Marian Parson
- 4" chipboard letters
- school glue
- 1" artists' brush
- German glass glitter
- plastic container
- wax paper
- hemp twine
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
Use 1" artists' brush to liberally apply school glue to entire front and sides of letter. The glue should still be wet when applying glitter so work in sections, if necessary.
Pour glitter into container and use spoon to sprinkle over letter. Apply more glue and repeat on areas where glitter did not adhere. Set finished letter on wax paper and allow to dry. Tip: German glass glitter was used for this project and it can be found in specialty shops online. Craft glitter is less expensive, more readily available and is a suitable substitute.
Touch Up Glitter
Once first coat of glitter is dry, brush glue over bare spots and apply more glitter. Repeat this process until letter is fully coated.
Once dry, use hot glue gun to affix letters to hemp twine. Space the letters approximately one half-inch apart. Leave a four-inch space between words. Loop twine on each end to hang.
Thanksgiving Place Card and Party Favor
How about a little pheasant to go with your turkey this Thanksgiving? These cute fellas are easy to make and act as both a place card and party favor your guests can take with them.
Make an Autumnal Apple Topiary Centerpiece
Put fall's bounty on display by making a topiary out of fresh pears or apples as a centerpiece for your Thanksgiving table or buffet.
Easy-to-Craft Fall Leaf Centerpiece
Looking for an inexpensive, seasonal centerpiece that will last through the fall? All you need is some patterned scrapbook paper, twine, glitter spray and a few branches from your backyard.
New Thanksgiving Tradition: Create a Thankful Tree
Give thanks in a new way this holiday season. Invite friends and family to share what they are most thankful for by creating a thankful tree that can take center stage throughout the Thanksgiving holiday.
Quick and Easy Thanksgiving Place Card
Put the finishing touch on your Thanksgiving table with our free printable place cards.
Make a Rustic Twig Table Runner
Bring an organic touch to your Thanksgiving table by creating a beautiful runner made of twigs. Kids will love scavenging for twigs in the yard, and assembly is easy enough that they can help craft it, too.
Copper-Leafed Glass Hurricanes
Bring the warm, festive glow of autumn to plain glass hurricanes or lanterns with copper leafing. It's inexpensive, easy to apply and adds a glamorous touch to fall displays.
How to Make Pomegranate Place-Card Holders
Easily turn real or faux pomegranates into gilded place-card holders to add an organic, rustic touch to your Thanksgiving place settings.
How to Make a Plaster Leaf Tray
Turn inexpensive silk leaves and plaster of Paris into an oversized tray that resembles fine porcelain. Leave the tray white or paint it to coordinate with your decor.
Plaster Leaf Napkin Ring and Place Card
Coat silk leaves in budget-friendly plaster of Paris to create sleek napkin rings and place cards for your Thanksgiving table.
- Our 45 Favorite Fall Decorating Ideas
- 25 Thanksgiving Table Setting Ideas
- 31 Centerpieces You Can Make
- 25 Warm & Toasty Appetizers
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes & Sides
- 21 Cold Weather Cocktails
- 30 Irresistible Fall Desserts
- 10 Tips for a Simply Chic Thanksgiving
- Set Up a Turkey Day To-Go Station
- 20 Modern, Organic Table-Setting Ideas
- 21 Tips for Setting Up a Dessert Buffet
- Our Stars' Best Holiday Hosting Tips
- How to Set a Rustic Fall Table
- Set a Glamorous, Glittering Table
- Stress Less, Serve Buffet Style
- Host A Casual Thanksgiving Brunch
- Get Your Dining Room Ready to Party
- Set Up a Kid-Pleasing Snack Station
- Video: Tips From Our Pros
- Set Up a Kids' Thanksgiving Table
- 19 Turkey Day Kids' Crafts
- 15 Tips for Guest Bedrooms
- Host Weekend Guests Like a Pro
- 12 Guest Bathroom Prep Tips
- 8 Traditional Thanksgiving Decorating Ideas
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.