Chocolate Chai Cups Recipe
These little chocolate bowls create a showstopping dessert, and they're so easy to make. The chai whipped cream is delicious, but also try filling them with your favorite ice cream or fresh fruit.
For the cups:
10 small balloons
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
wax paper or parchment paper
For the chai cream:
2 cups heavy whipping cream
3/4 cup instant powdered chai
1 teaspoon vanilla
conversation hearts, for garnish
ground cinnamon, for garnish
To Make the Cups
1. Inflate the balloons and leave them on a dust-free surface (Image 1). Since balloons have static, they easily attract particles. Spread several sheets of wax paper or parchment paper over a flat work surface.
2. Dip a balloon in cooled chocolate. Place on parchment paper. Let the chocolate set at room temperature (Image 2).
3. When hardened, gently use scissors to snip a small hole near the balloon tie-off (Image 3). Let air escape slowly so that it gently pulls away from the chocolate (Image 4).
To Make the Chai Cream
1. Beat heavy cream with an electric hand mixer until slightly thickened.
2. Gradually add powdered chai, and beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
3. Transfer to a piping bag with a large star tip, and pipe into chocolate cups. Alternatively, you may spoon the chai into cups.
4. Garnish with conversation hearts and a sprinkling of cinnamon.