Holiday Greenery Goes Everywhere
Greenery creates instant impact when used throughout the home for the holidays.
Holiday greenery comes in an amazing array of fresh and artificial varieties, and they're no longer just for decking the halls:
- Greenery has been a simple way to decorate the home for years. Use it to make garlands, wreaths and centerpieces to bring warmth and a sense of the season.
- Tuck eucalyptus, holly and dried magnolia leaves into pine greenery to reflect light and provide different color tones.
- Synthetic garlands are versatile because you can really change the shape and the form of the garland to adapt to banisters or over archways much more easily than natural materials. Attach ornaments and ribbon bows for a cheerful holiday accent.
- Incorporating lights into a garland creates starry highlights and can also help to brighten up a dark corner or hallway.
- Have children tie their favorite stuffed animals to stairway railings for a special family tradition.
- Fill odd numbers of glass items (a large bowl, wine or juice glasses) with small colorful ornaments to make instant and simple decorations.
Here are some tips to create ornaments to make each season memorable.
No mantel? No problem. Build this simple ladder to hold your stockings near the fireplace in style.
Don't let Santa pass you by just because you don't have a mantel. These creative alternatives are just the thing for a holly jolly Christmas.
Here's how to create larger-than-life holiday ornaments for display.
Need a last-minute gift or the perfect way to present a gift card? These easy gifts in Mason jars should do the trick!
Host Sandra Lee shares 12 expert tips to make holiday decorating and entertaining a snap.
Celebrating the holidays in grand Gilded Age style is a time-honored tradition at Asheville, N.C.'s Biltmore House. Tour the grand mansion, decked in Christmas finery, plus get decorating tips from Biltmore's experts so you can bring the luxe look home.
Christmas morning looks different in every household, but we’ve got tips and tricks to make yours a breeze.
Please everyone on your list with a personalized gift you can assemble in a pinch.
Get creative this Christmas by using your wrapped presents as decor.