How to Make a Chubby Snowman
Sok Kheng Bukoski designs a chubby snowman for the holidays!
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
15" x 30" piece of chenille
6" x 6" piece of burlap
1/2 yard of muslin
20 oz. bag of polyfil
greens, berries and twigs
raffia and jute
4" x 20" strip of Berber fabric
2 black beads
1" x 2" piece of orange felt
4 big buttons
2 lbs. pea gravel
glue gun and hot-glue sticks
cosmetic blush powder and make up brush
1. Cut a 15" x 32" piece of chenille fabric.
2. Fold the fabric in half so that the two 15-inch sides meet with right sides together.
3. Machine-stitch along the open end, forming a tube.
4. Hand-sew a running stitch along the open end and pull the thread tightly to gather the opening closed. Tie off the thread.
5. Turn the snowman's body right side out. Open the top and place pea gravel around the inside of the bottom to give weight to the snowman.
6. Stuff the snowman all the way to the top with polyester fiberfill.
7. Hand-sew a running stitch around the top. Pull the thread tightly to gather it around to close the top. Tie the thread off.
8. Snowman's Head:
- Place a 9-inch plate on a piece of muslin and draw around it with a marker.
- Cut out the circle for the snowman's head.
9. Hand-sew a running stitch around the edge of the muslin circle and gather it slightly. Stuff it with fiberfill, gather the thread and add more stuffing until it is firm. Gather the thread tightly and tie it off.
10. Snowman's Eye's:
- Start at the back of the head and run black thread through the center to the front of the head.
- String a black bead on the needle and stitch back through the head to the back of the head.
- Pull the thread tight to define the facial expression and knot the thread.
- Repeat with a second bead for the other eye.
Kim Calhane's background as an elementary school art teacher lends itself well to her fun and festive front yard decorations,...
Create cute snowmen using instant paper mache, plastic foam balls and sticks. Follow these steps by Karen Gaines.
This elegant gift bag just begs for an equally luxurious gift to be tucked inside. What a great way to present champagne, a...