How to Weave a Fleece Rope Dog Toy
Make a sturdy rope toy that's comfortable for you to tug and strong enough for your dog to chew.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Crafter Rachel Passerini demonstrates how to make a sturdy rope toy that's comfortable for you to tug and strong enough for your dog to chew.
- 3 1/4 yard pieces of different colored or patterned fleece
- scissors or a rotary cutter
- 2 rubber bands
1. Fold each piece of the fleece selvage to selvage to cut long strips.
Tip: Selvage is the end of the fabric with writing on it.
2. Cut three 4" strips from the folded edge using scissors or a rotary cutter and a ruler.
Note: A 4" strip width will give you a "medium-width" dog toy. If you want it smaller or larger adjust the strip width.
3. Unfold the fabric strips and stack one strip of each color/pattern together.
4. Wrap a rubber band around the edge of the fleece, about 5" from the end. Don't worry about cutting off the edges with selvage at this point.
Create a functional feeding station from a kids’ old toy box.