DIY Gift: Map Luggage Tags
Follow the steps below to make a unique DIY gift from HGTV Magazine.
What you’ll need
map-print wrapping paper (Cavallini & Co. Vintage Map Wrap Pack, amazon.com)
t-shirt transfer paper
light-colored leather (Veg tanned-leather remnants pack, tandyleather.com)
strong glue, such as E6000
leather cord (3-mm-wide flat leather cord, cloudcrofttrading.etsy.com)
1. Download the templates here. Print them and cut them out.
2. Scan a large section of map-print wrapping paper onto your computer. Print it onto T-shirt transfer paper made for dark fabric.
3. Iron the transfer paper’s map image onto a piece of light-color leather. Trace the tag’s templates onto the leather, then cut them out. Punch a hole at the top of each tag piece.
4. Using a thin line of strong glue (such as E6000), glue the front and back pieces together along the side and bottom edges, making sure to leave the top open.
5. Trace the window template onto a piece of clear plastic, and cut it out. Print the address label onto a piece of cardstock, and cut it out. Slide the plastic window and the address label inside the tag. Thread leather cord through the hole at the top of the tag, and knot.