Creme-Filled Chocolates Recipe
Bring a homemade touch to Easter baskets this year by making rich creme-filled chocolate candies.
By: Heather Baird
Yield: 60 candies
1/2 cup margarine
1 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1 two-pound bag confectioners' sugar
2 pounds candy coating or almond bark
flavoring extracts (will use 1/2 teaspoon of extract per scant 1 cup candy creme)
1. In a mixer with paddle attachment, cream margarine and salt on medium speed. Blend in sweetened condensed milk until smooth.
2. Add entire 2-pound bag of confectioners' sugar and mix until a uniform, stiff dough forms.
3. Gather dough into a ball and place in an airtight container until ready to divide. (Your dough should not be sticky.)
4. Separate dough into approximately four 1-cup portions and place in separate bowls.
5. Create an indentation in middle of dough with your fingers and pour in 1/2 teaspoon of desired flavoring.
6. Knead dough over bowl with your hands until all flavoring has been absorbed. You may also knead in 2 drops of food coloring to color your dough.
7. Shape dough into pieces with your fingers (squares, balls, rectangles) and place on parchment-lined cookie sheet. Chill shaped candies in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
8. Melt candy coating and dip chilled candy cremes. Place on parchment paper to dry. You may also choose to use a candy mold.
9. Store candies in airtight container. Candy will keep for up to 1 month.
Egg Macaroons Recipe
These cute little eggs are light and a bit chewy. Be sure to bake them long enough to toast the outside for some added texture. We've taken them up a notch by dipping them in chocolate.
Pink Snowball Cake Recipe
This cake is sure to be the center of attention at any spring or Easter gathering. Bake a dome-shaped chocolate cake, fill with marshmallow creme, frost with pastel pink icing and top with toasted coconut.
Lemon-Scented Cupcakes With Vanilla Buttercream Frosting Recipe
Use this dressed-up vanilla cupcake recipe as the base for special-occasion decorated treats. Just add food coloring and embellishments for endless possibilities.
Pink Snowball Cakelettes Recipe
These cakelettes are reminiscent of a favorite childhood treat but in miniature form. You can eat them right away, but they're more flavorful and moist the next day.
How to Make Spring Flower Lollipops
Edible flowers bring spring's beauty to these sweets. Use organic, pesticide-free plants from nurseries and herb shops that offer organically grown flowers. You could also pick flowers from a trusted friend's garden or your own.
Lemon Pots de Creme Recipe
The naturally sunny color and bright, citrusy flavor of these custards are reminiscent of spring. They're wonderful served with homemade creme-filled chocolates for Easter.
Strawberry Strata Recipe
This "breakfast casserole" could be eaten anytime and makes a lovely dessert, but is perfect for an Easter brunch. The crunchy bread crust, soft berries and ricotta make every bite sweet and delectable.
Deviled Eggs Three Ways
Here we offer up three varieties of the classic picnic staple. We have taken inspiration from a couple of our favorite flavor combinations to put a new spin on the expected.
Make a Hatching Chick Egg for Easter
Turn a basic hard-boiled egg into an adorable hatching chick with a few simple materials. Kids will love this sweet addition to the holiday table.
Carrot Cake Cookies Recipe
Turn this classic spring cake into a batch of cookies. You can spread the cream cheese icing on top of finished carrot cake cookies or make a sandwich cookie.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.