What's Better Than a Cheese Ball? A Mini Cheese Ball, On a Stick!
PSA: National Cheese Ball Day is April 17. Be ready with these 3 bite-sized variations.
When it's party time, there are a few universal truths: A handful of your friends won't BYOB (extra beer: check), there's a 50 percent chance you'll forget to buy ice and everyone will eat the cheese ball.
Cheese balls are almost universally adored, so it follows that you should definitely plan to celebrate National Cheese Ball Day at this weekend's gatherings. This easy recipes uses one base and three topping options for a colorful and delicious display. Here's how to make them:
Cheese Ball Bites 01:11
Yum, right? Here's what you'll need:
Cheese Ball Base
- 2 8-ounce packages cream cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
In a mixer bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Roll into one-inch balls.
- Spring Herb Topping: 2 tablespoons each of chopped parsley, basic and dill
- Everything Bagel Topping: 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon poppy seeds and a pinch of salt and pepper
- Tri-Colored Pepper Topping: Finely chopped red, yellow and orange bell peppers
Mix each topping in its own shallow dish. Roll a third of the one-inch balls in each topping. Insert pretzel stick into top of each cheese ball, then chill for 4 hours, or until party time.
Want more cheesy recipes? Check out these ooey, gooey party dips: