Glittered Halloween Party Favor Bags
Plain fabric bags are transformed into kid-pleasing Halloween party favors with paint and glitter in the shape of one of our four spooktacular designs.
By: Kim Stoegbauer
- muslin favor bags (ShopTomKat.com)
- craft paint (black, purple and green)
- glitter (black, purple and green)
- small paintbrush
- transfer paper (optional)
- Download: Halloween Favor Bag Templates
Cut Out Patterns and Trace Onto Bags
Download and print templates, attached above, onto standard printer paper (Image 1). Using scissors, cut carefully around design's outside edge to create a pattern. Lay pattern on muslin bag, and using a pen or pencil, carefully trace around outside (Image 2). Tip: Or you can sandwich transfer paper between template and bag then copy design onto bag by going over the design with a pen or pencil.
Paint and Glitter Bag
Choose your paint color and paint inside the traced design (Images 1 and 2). While paint is still wet, sprinkle glitter on top and allow bag to sit undisturbed for a few minutes while paint dries (Image 3). Once dry, shake off excess glitter and fill bags with Halloween-themed treats and small trinkets (Images 4 and 5).
Halloween Party Game: Pumpkin Pickin'
Entertain Halloween trick-or-treaters or partygoers of all ages with a handmade game of chance that can be refilled with candy or small trinkets to keep the fun going.
Halloween Party Game: Snake Eyes
Turn empty water bottles and inexpensive mailing tubes into an interactive Halloween party game kids of all ages will love.
Halloween Party Favor: Mummy Candy Cans
These little mummies are not only cute, they're functional, too. Filled with candy, the upcycled tin cans wrapped in cheesecloth make a great Halloween party favor or surprise for your favorite trick-or-treater.
Pin the Spider on the Web Halloween Party Game
Turn everyday craft supplies into an interactive game that kids will love playing at your next Halloween party.
Halloween Recipe: Mummy Hot Dogs
Wrap hot dogs in flaky, ready-made dough to create a Halloween party snack kids will love to help make before gobbling them up.
Make a Kid's Pilot Costume for Halloween
Your little one's imagination will take flight in this vintage aviator costume. Embellish everyday clothing with handmade felt patches, then add a custom-made scarf and bomber hat to bring the look together.
Handmade Hula Girl Halloween Costume
A hula girl costume is a Halloween favorite, but rather than dressing your little girl in a store-bought outfit, craft an original version to give her a look all her own.
Halloween Treat Pouches
These fun paper shapes, packed with candy, are perfect to hand out to trick-or-treaters or for school parties.
Kid's Halloween Makeup Tutorial: Ghoulish Vampire
Turn your little one into a bloodthirsty vampire for Halloween with our easy-to-follow makeup tutorial.
Make a Kid's Shark Costume for Halloween
Inexpensive felt and basic sewing skills are all you need to turn a child's gray hoodie sweatshirt into a great white shark costume, perfect for Halloween or encouraging imaginative play.
Pumpkin-carving templates, easy costume ideas, party invites & favors, DIY decorations and more!
- Our 55 Favorite Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 40 Sweet & Salty Halloween Snacks
- 30 Halloween Kids' Crafts
- 50 Crafty Costume Ideas for Kids + Adults
- 15 Handmade Dog + Cat Costumes
- Host an Unforgettable Kids' Costume Party
- Throw a Kid's Halloween Craft Party
- 20+ Hip Halloween Decorating Ideas
- 10 Creep-Tastic Halloween Wreaths
- Set Up an Outdoor Trick-or-Treat Station
- Spooky Front Porch Decorating Ideas
- 21 Halloween Party Favor and Treat Bag Ideas
- 23 To-Die-For Halloween Cocktails
- Throw a Halloween Cupcake-Decorating Party
- 23 Beginner Pumpkin-Carving Templates
- 17 Advanced Pumpkin-Carving Templates
- 55 Free Printable Halloween Templates
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.