Halloween Snack: Scream Cheese Sandwiches
Delight Halloween party guests of all ages with these fun-to-make savory mini sandwiches. Healthy and vegetarian-friendly, these spooky snacks are sure to be a hit with even the pickiest of palettes.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 large cucumber
16 ounces light cream cheese, softened (2 packages)
2 tablespoons grated onion
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh dill
30 slices dark bread (like pumpernickel or whole wheat)
gingerbread man cookie cutter
piping bag and fine tip
Yield: 15 sandwiches
1. Peel the cucumber and cut into 4 pieces lengthwise. Scrape away any seeds (Image 1).
2. Discard seeds and peel. Grate the cucumber using the small holes of a grater (Image 2).
3. Place the grated cucumber in a bowl lined with a cheesecloth or thin tea towel. Gather the edges of the cheesecloth or towel and squeeze to expel as much of the liquid from the cucumber pulp as possible (Image 3). Discard the liquid and set the cucumber pulp aside.
4. Finely chop the dill. Grate 2 tablespoons of onion with the small holes of the grater.
5. Add the dill, onion, cucumber pulp, 8 ounces of softened cream cheese (reserve the other cream cheese for the top of the sandwiches), mayonnaise and salt to a food processor and blend until smooth.
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a delicious recipe for Yummy Mummy Pepperoni Empanadas that kids are sure to love.
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a chillingly tasty Halloween margarita using fresh lime juice,...
The Halloween party experts at HGTV.com share a recipe for a healthy Halloween appetizer that is fun and easy to make.