Mexican Wedding Cookies
Buttery, nutty Mexican wedding cookies are perfect for any festive occasion, especially the holidays.
Yield: 4 dozen
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for coating baked cookies
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup toasted pecans, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
3. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla, and beat until well blended.
4. With the mixer on low, beat in flour.
5. Gently fold in pecans with a spatula.
6. Divide dough in half, then form each half into ball and wrap in plastic.
7. Chill in refrigerator until cold.
8. Working with half of chilled dough at a time, use floured hands to roll a tablespoon-sized piece of dough into a ball.
9. Arrange balls on parchment-lined baking sheet, spacing 1/2-inch apart.
10. Bake cookies until golden brown on bottom and just pale golden on top (approximately 18 minutes).
11. Cool cookies 5 minutes on baking sheet, then roll in additional confectioners' sugar to coat.
12. Transfer coated cookies to rack and cool completely.
Pear-Filled Swedish Pancakes With Lavender-Infused Honey Recipe
These rolled pancakes are paired with sweet pears and floral-infused honey that add a flavorful twist to the traditional holiday breakfast.
Jam-Filled Danish Doughnut Recipe
Create a festive display on your breakfast table with a towering tree-shaped stack of Danish doughnuts. Turn this traditional pancake into a flavorful treat by filling them with unique preserves.
Cheddar Chive Muffins With Hard-Boiled Egg
Delight your family with a hearty, savory muffin with a hard-boiled egg tucked inside.
How to Create a Holiday Bellini Bar
Make the morning merry with a winter-inspired bar cart featuring a bellini station and winter fruits.
Homemade Eggnog Recipe
Raise a glass and toast the seasonal by serving this truly traditional holiday eggnog. Serve the non-alcoholic base with your favorite spirit on the side, if desired.
Chocolate Christmas Cookies Recipe
Incorporate unsweetened cocoa powder into a classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe to get a chocolate-dough variation.
Easy Gingerbread Dough Recipe
This sturdy dough is perfect for gingerbread architecture during the holiday season.
Christmas Sugar Cookies Recipe
Make classic sugar cookies in your favorite holiday shapes with just six basic ingredients.
Chocolate and Candied Orange Christmas Cookies Recipe
Dress up a basic chocolate cookie dough recipe for the holidays by adding candied orange.
Set Up a Holiday Hot Chocolate Bar
During the winter offer guests an alternate sundae station by creating a hot chocolate bar. Set out toppings like whipped cream, chocolate chips and peppermints so they can create the ultimate holiday treat.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.