Redesign English-Style Cottage Bedroom for Less than $1,000
Charming cottage details remake this bland bedroom.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
The design team creates a charming English cottage look with soft colors and romantic furnishings.
Kristan Cunningham, Dave Sheinkopf and Spencer Anderson remake the bedroom to reflect a comfortable cottage style. Here's how:
Furniture — $285
- New pieces include a vanity, chair, nightstand and rocking chair.
Bedding and Fabric— $275
- Bedding in pale neutrals and subtle floral patterns brings a romantic touch to the bed. (sheet set: Marshalls - 007867684; pillow fabric: Target — 067021379; duvet cover: Target — Laura Ashley, 06240086; bedskirt: Target — 060130277)
Accessories and Hardware - $208
- Cunningham creates silk ivy topiaries for a natural accent. Twigs are secured to a floral foam base, which is hot-glued to a wood brace she's added to the urn. Floral wire holds the silk ivy vines to the stems. Moss is hot-glued to the base to hide the foam.
Lighting — $122
- A pair of table lamps bring in enough light so the couple can read in bed and the ceiling light is replaced with a romantic crystal chandelier. (chandelier: Lowe's -three-light silverleaf Riviera, Silver/105188; lamps: Lowe's - Small Urn Lamps, 149426; shades: Lowe's 202810)
Window Treatments — $72
- Anderson builds a cornice box out of poplar with sweeping lines and a punched-out detail. Trim molding hides the unfinished top edge. Long white panels frame a bamboo Roman shade. (window panels: Target — 068030385/Cream)
Paint and Supplies - $30
- The walls are painted a soft green for a cottage-style backdrop. (wall paint: Behr - Georgian Green HC115-2B)
Project Total — $992
See how a boring master bedroom is transformed into a very cozy space.