Cedar Closet Lining and Planks
Give your clothes a clean, earthy scent and keep insects from invading your closet space with these cedar closet-lining tips.
A cedar-lined closet can be a great way to give a space a clean smell and even offer protection against fabric-damaging insects, like moths. Store-bought cedar lining kits, as well as cedar planks, can be found at most home improvement stores and are often easy to install. Most systems allow for customizable options that easily fit against walls and require little use of tools.
If you choose to build a cedar-lined closet from scratch, be sure to select planks made from Eastern red cedar, which is also known as aromatic red cedar. This type of cedar is the only kind that gives off the particular fragrance that helps ward off insects.
When a cedar-lined closet is not an option, consider using hangers made from cedar or drawer satchels that contain cedar chips. Both are small additions that will help keep your closet space smelling fresh and your clothing well preserved.
See also: Closet Planning Guide
- Best Uses for Rods and Racks
- Armoires and Wardrobes: Closet Storage Ideas and Solutions
- How to Build a Closet Storage Unit
- Clothes Racks and Portable Closets
- 8 Space-Saving Organization Ideas for When You Don't Have a Walk-in Closet
- Closet Storage Shelves and Cubes