Basement Floor Paint Options
A concrete basement floor doesn't have to be boring. Add simple basement floor paint and achieve a fresh look with an extra layer of durability.
It might seem unnecessary to paint a basement floor, but consider that cold, hard slab of concrete and imagine if it were a warmer color. Better, right?
Epoxy paint dries thick and hard, providing the necessary durability that comes hand-in-hand with maintaining a basement floor. Epoxies are also an excellent solution for a basement that is being used as a recreation area or workshop.
An added benefit that comes with choosing an epoxy paint is that it will act as a waterproofing sealant for a basement floor, helping to lock out excess moisture. There are three types of epoxy paint — water-based, solvent-based and 100 percent solid — and they come in a range of colors, including ivory, brown and red.
Concrete stains, paints and dyes are also options for enhancing the look of a basement floor, but you'll need to know how to stain concrete, and none of them offer protection similar to that of an epoxy paint.
See also: Floor Buying Guide
- Basement Flooring Options and Ideas
- Waterproof Flooring for Basements
- Subfloor Options for Basements
- Floor Tiles for Basements
- Carpet and Carpet Tiles for Basements
- Adding a Basement Kitchen
- Ideas for Basement Rooms
- Is Your Family Ready for a Big Storm?
- Before You Hire a Basement Pro
- Basement Remodeling Costs
- Solving Basement Design Problems
Basements in Depth
Solve common problems and turn unused square footage into new, functional areas for gathering.