How to Build a Leaf Collection System
Keep your surrounding yards straightened and organized with this leaf collection system.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
medium or large hand truck
2 wing nuts
galvanized finish nails
2 heavy duty metal hinges
6 bolts for hinges
1. The dimension of the system should be the width of the hand truck plus one inch on each side. The height will also be determined by the hand truck. In this project, they had 20-inch sides and a 14-inch bottom.
2. Cut the two sides and bottom from the 1x4. Assemble the frame using wood glue and galvanized finish nails. Additional lumber could be used to build a compartment for a rake and a shelf for gloves and a bottle of water.
3. Cover the frame with plywood, attaching with nails and glue.
4. Measure the height of the frame and drill two holes into the hand truck. Drill two holes into the frame at the same height so that screws can mount it onto the hand truck.
5. Cut the 1x12 piece to desired size for the hinged base. Use the heavy duty hinges to bolt the base to the plywood and frame (figure A).
6. Attach an L-shape bracket to the bottom of the leaf collection system that extends the width and secure (figure B), so it cradles the underside of the base when it is lowered.
Master carpenter Hartman Kable shows how to design a stylish shed for all your backyard storage needs.
If your old barbecue grill is getting too old and grungy for the backyard, you may want to build a barbecue island of your own....
A simple cabinet houses extra workout materials and provides a surface for scented candles. Follow these step-by-step...