Smoked Gouda and Herb Puffs
These bite-sized balls of smoked, cheesy, herby goodness are the perfect appetizer for a dinner party. Just be careful they’re so addictive that it’s impossible to eat just one or two (or three)!
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
3 large eggs
4 ounces smoked Gouda, diced
2 tablespoons chives, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon thyme, minced
1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Place water, butter and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
3. Once the mixture has come to a boil, add flour and quickly stir with a wooden spoon until a ball of dough forms, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Transfer dough into a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and mix over medium speed, allowing steam to escape.
5. Once steam disappears, 2 to 4 minutes, begin adding eggs one by one, scraping down sides of bowl for even mixing.
6. Remove mixture from the stand mixer and gently fold in remaining ingredients.
7. Scoop heaping tablespoons of mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, 1 inch apart, and bake for about 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Thanksgiving's main course should be special. Follow our recipe for a moist and savory bird with a delicious herbal-meets-sweet...
Fresh parsley, rosemary and thyme give this turkey a savory flavor your family and Thanksgiving guests are sure to love. Turn...
Fresh chanterelle, oyster and shiitake mushrooms give this homemade cornbread stuffing an earthy, rich flavor while toasted...