Make Chandeliers and Table Settings Sparkle
Use unusual items and colors to decorate chandeliers and tables for the holidays.
Filed under: Christmas Decorating, Holiday Decorating, Table Setting, Table Setting, Decorating, Holiday
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
Here are some ideas for nontraditional table settings for your dining room:
- Start with a sheer floor-length tablecloth and divide the table into four sections with beautiful sheer lime ribbons placed perpendicular to each other. This is a lovely way to separate the place settings and add visual interest to the skirt of the tablecloth.
- The next layer to the table is the napkins with ornaments attached with ribbons used as napkin rings that are also guest gifts. If desired, use a paint pen or glitter glue to include guest initials.
- Address the centerpiece once the place settings are in position and determine what height, size and shape is appropriate.
- The final touch of sequins or stamped holiday shapes sprinkled all over the table adds even more sparkle.
- To give the chairs a holiday twist, place them with their back toward the table. In this position, the host and hostess can add beautifully wrapped gifts to the seats for the lucky diners.
Designer Erinn Valencich shares tips for setting a Thanksgiving table that balances natural elements with the gleam of metallics.(8 photos)
Hosting your family's Thanksgiving feast can be stressful. Well, stress no more: We have tips for setting a beautiful fall...(20 photos)
Host a spooky yet elegant Halloween gathering with colorful, bold table settings and decorations. These easy Halloween ideas...(10 photos)Advertisement
HGTV Inspiration Newsletter