Creepy-Crawly Chips and Swampy Guacamole Recipe
Halloween parties call for a frightening feast. Kids will love dipping homemade baked chips shaped like animals and insects in a tasty (and healthy!) guacamole dip.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
1 package blue corn tortillas or pumpernickel wraps
nonstick olive oil spray
special equipment: cookie cutters in the shapes of animals and bugs
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper, then spray lightly with olive oil spray.
2. On a cutting board, use cookie cutters to cut shapes of animals and insects from tortillas. Place shapes on cookie sheets in a single layer. Spray lightly with olive oil spray, then sprinkle with sea salt.
3. Bake in oven until crispy, 10-15 minutes, flipping once midway through cooking. Let chips cool completely before serving.
2 large avocados
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons chunky mild salsa
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
1. Scoop out flesh from avocado, then roughly mash with minced garlic and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
2. Mix in salsa, cilantro and lime juice, then carefully fold in black beans.
3. Taste for seasoning (add more salt if needed), then cover with plastic wrap, pressing down against top of guacamole to prevent it from turning brown, until time to serve.
The Halloween crafting experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for making a handmade three-piece hula girl...
The Halloween crafting experts at HGTV.com share step-by-step instructions for an adorable mom and baby kangaroo costume that's...
The Halloween entertaining experts at HGTV.com share how to make creepy-but-tasty beetle treats made with fingerling potatoes,...