Cashew Dulce de Leche Christmas Cookies Recipe
Add chopped cashews, cinnamon and dulce de leche on top of basic sugar cookies to give them a sweet holiday kick.
E-mail This Page to Your Friendsx
A link to %this page% was e-mailed
12. Lightly brush squares with beaten egg white (Image 1).
13. Chop salted cashews and divide evenly over cut squares (Image 2).
14. Sprinkle each square with a pinch of cinnamon (Image 3).
15. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden around the edges and fragrant. Let cool completely.
16. Heat prepared dulce de leche in the microwave until softened. Let cool slightly and transfer to a zip-top bag with a corner snipped.
17. Pipe zigzag lines of dulce de leche over each cookie (Image 4).
18. Let stand until set, about 20 minutes (Image 5).
Incorporate unsweetened cocoa powder into a classic Christmas sugar cookie recipe to get a chocolate-dough variation.
Mix together a basic sugar cookie dough with a chocolate-dough variation to create a cookie that blends both flavors.
Dress up a basic chocolate cookie dough recipe for the holidays by adding candied orange.