Building an Outdoor Kitchen
Whether you're looking to build your own outdoor kitchen or hire a team to help, building an outdoor kitchen can require nearly the same amount of investment, time and resources as creating an indoor kitchen.
Of course, the benefits of creating an outdoor kitchen oasis are tangible. A party-ready patio equipped with a kitchen, dining area and comfortable seating can be as perfect for large gatherings as it is for an intimate dinner for two.
For homeowners wondering exactly how to build an outdoor kitchen, it's important to start with the basics: the location (especially for electric, plumbing and gas considerations) and the grill (the centerpiece of every outdoor kitchen!).
Next, determine which features will provide the most bang for your buck. High-quality appliances are a must, as is a form of shelter (shade, pergola or awning) to protect your investment.
Don't overlook lighting for safety purposes, and remember that function plays a more important role than aesthetics in the outdoor kitchen.
- Outdoor Kitchens: Grilling and Chilling in the Great Backyard
- Maximum Home Value Outdoor Living Projects: Outdoor Kitchen
- 12 Outdoor Kitchens That Will Get You Outside
- Outdoor Kitchen Accessories
- Outdoor Kitchen Cabinet Ideas
- Create a Budget Outdoor Kitchen With These 10 Finds