How to Make Mosaic Stained Glass Art
Materials and Tools:
clear glass from frame
3 or more different colors of stained glass
1. Remove the clear glass from the frame.
2. Find three or more colors of stained glass to use on the clear glass. Imagine a design and cut the colored glass into shapes (use inspiration and planning or do organically, free form).
3. Glue cut pieces of stained glass (in a design) on the clear glass shape. Wait overnight for stained glass to dry.
4. Apply grout to the top of the clear glass shape with stained glass glued on top of it. Wait 5 minutes for grout to dry/settle. Wipe away excess grout with a mostly dry sponge. Let dry overnight.
5. Buff top of art piece with a cloth using glass cleaner to get rid of leftover grout on the stained glass pieces.
6. Add an optional border to the art piece using fabric or puffy paint. Let the paint dry overnight. Put finished piece in the frame.