Ropa Vieja Mini Tacos Recipe
Minimize your hosting duties on the day of the party by preparing these charming and tasty mini tacos ahead of time, then assembling them in the shell right before guests arrive.
Yields: 8 servings
2 pounds skirt steak
6 cloves garlic
1 small yellow onion
2 bay leaves
2 cups tomatoes, crushed
2 ancho chiles, seeded
2 guajillo chiles, seeded
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pepper
4 red bell peppers, julienned
2 red onions, julienned
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Season skirt steak with salt and pepper, and place in baking dish.
3. Cover dish halfway with water, and add tomatoes and chiles.
4. Wrap peppercorns, yellow onion, garlic and bay leaves in a square of cheesecloth, tie with baker's twine and add to pan.
5. Cover with foil and simmer in oven until meat begins to fall apart (about 3 hours).
6. Remove meat and shred with a fork.
7. Strain liquid through cheesecloth, and add back to pan.
8. Cook on stove over high heat until thickened to light sauce.
9. Heat olive oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
10. Saute bell peppers and onions, then add to shredded meat. Add just enough sauce to coat, and toss.
11. To serve, fill mini tortilla rounds with ropa vieja mixture.
Quick and Easy Party Recipes
Finger foods and light bites are perfect party fare. Get 15 recipes right here.
Add a special something-something to a grilled hamburger with this simple recipe that will surprise and delight your guests' taste buds.
Michael Chiarello's Succulent Shrimp Boil
Impress your friends and host an outdoor seafood feast. We've got a star chef's recipe.
Blood Orange Dates Almond Salad Recipe
Give your guests a salad they won't find anywhere else. Combine almonds, dates and blood oranges for a fresh, mouthwatering taste they'll love.
This classic cocktail is smooth, dry and just a little tart.
Make Mexican Meals in Minutes
Learn how to make authentic Mexican dinners in just minutes.
Chocolate & Peanut Butter Swag Bars Recipe
These ooey-gooey bars are a staple at North Carolina's mountaintop resort The Swag. Serve them at your next cookout and watch them disappear!
Taste of the Tropics Cocktail
This frozen Caribbean cocktail hails from sunny Anguilla and combines coconut, rum and pineapple juice for a tasty, fruity drink.
Always a party favorite, cheese fondue can be made hours before serving.
Mediterranean Potato Salad
Give potato salad an exotic flair with this simple recipe.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.