Chocolate Stout Cake Pop Recipe
The surprise ingredient in these festive cake pops is stout beer.
By: Abigail Barnes
Yield: 28 pops
1 box chocolate cake mix
12 oz. stout
1 can frosting or one package cream cheese
1 bag green candy melts (color change is optional)
3 dozen lollipop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix cake mix with stout until batter is smooth. This will make less batter than the regular cake mix instructions.
2. Pour batter into a greased baking pan. Bake according to cake mix instructions or until fully baked. Let cool completely.
3. Finely crumb cake into a large mixing bowl. Mix in 2 tablespoons frosting until mixture forms a slight dough texture. Add more frosting if necessary.
4. Heat candy melts according to package. Do not overheat. Dip each lollipop stick into melted chocolate about 1/2 inch, insert into cake ball, and then dip entire ball into melted chocolate until completely covered. Tap stick on the edge of a dish to remove excess chocolate. Place cake pop into parchment paper. Repeat for all cake pops.
5. Add sprinkles or extra frosting swirls if desired.
Irish Stout Pancake Recipe
These pancakes get their distinct flavor from stout. Serve it for breakfast this St. Patrick's Day.
Naked Rainbow Layer Cake Recipe
Spread the luck, and celebrate this St. Patrick's Day with a naked rainbow layer cake.
Irish Mexican Coffee With Whiskey Whipped Cream
Top off this warm cocktail with whipped cream that's infused with whiskey.
Homemade Shamrock Marshmallow Recipe
Serve these festive shamrock marshmallows with your Irish coffee or hot cocoa for St. Patrick's Day, or skip the green food coloring to enjoy them any time of year. Try our no-cook version, too!
Salted Stout Caramel Popcorn Recipe
Hearty stout lends a flavorful kick to the homemade caramel coating on this crunchy-meets-salty snack.
Irish Nacho Dip Recipe
Serve this delicious dip — flavored with stout beer — for St. Patrick's Day.
Dark Chocolate Stout Mini Pie Recipe
You can make these cute mini pies using a cupcake pan.
Stout Corned Beef With Roasted Vegetables
Serve this traditional Irish dish with roasted carrots, potatoes and Brussels sprouts for St. Patrick's Day.
Stout-Braised Short Ribs Recipe
Nothing goes hand in hand quite like Guinness and St. Patrick's Day. This hearty entree braises the meat in stout beer for an exceptional, mouthwatering meal that's perfect for guests.
Dublin White Cheddar Potatoes O'Brien Recipe
Wake up your taste buds the day of St. Paddy's Day (or morning after) with an Irish-inspired potato recipe that's filled with vegetables, meat and cheese.
We're serving up the latest news, gorgeous style, crafty DIY projects, clever entertaining tips and more. Consider these your design digests.