Chicken and Waffle Bites with Maple-Mustard Slaw
These delicious, brunch-inspired bites will be long-gone by kick-off.
- 16 frozen chicken nuggets, cooked according to package instructions
- 4 frozen whole waffles, or 16 miniature frozen waffles
- (1) 16-ounce bag of coleslaw cabbage mix
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- hot sauce or chili sauce, to dollop
- toothpicks, to assemble
Yield: 16 waffle bites
1: Place the coleslaw mix in a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
2: To make the dressing, combine the mustard, maple syrup, sugar, salt, pepper, lemon juice and oil in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined, and pour over the coleslaw.
3: Cook the chicken nuggets according to package instructions. Cook the waffles according to package instructions. If using whole waffles, cut into quarters.
4: Assemble each bite by placing one tablespoon of slaw on each waffle quarter, followed by one chicken nugget and a dollop of hot sauce. Hold all together with a toothpick. Serve warm or cold.