How-to: Make Felt Flowers and Paper Pinwheels for DIY Wreaths
For Felt Roses
1. Trim the corners of a 6-inch square piece of felt (try tadaastudio.com) to make it curved.
2. Cut the felt into a spiral, leaving a circle at the end. The circle will be the base of the rose.
3. Starting at the beginning of the spiral, wind your rose into a roll until you reach the circle.
4. Using sturdy crafts glue (such as Aleene’s Original Tacky Glue), glue the circle over the spiral. The flower should “bloom,” or open.
5. To attach it to the wreath, push a straight pin with a colorful head through the center of the rose.
For Flat Felt Flowers
1. Cut felt into various flower shapes.
2. Layer two or more flowers on top of each other, varying colors, sizes and shapes. Add circle felt centers if desired.
3. To attach it to the wreath, push one or more straight pins with colorful heads through the center of the flower.
For Paper Pinwheels
1. Cut double-sided scrapbook paper (try scrapbook.com) into 5-inch squares.
2. Fold the square into a triangle, then fold it in half again. Unfold.
3. With scissors, cut along each fold line, about 2 1/2 inches toward the center.
4. Bring every other point to the center, then secure points with hot glue.
5. Push a scrapbook brad (such as Elements brads) through the center, and bend brad arms in the back.