6 Tips for Cleaner Clothes
Learn how to turn common household items into washday wonders with these six simple tips.
You don't need a lot of fancy products in your laundry room to make your clothes sparkle. Check out these simple tricks for getting your clothes cleaner.
Simple Home Solutions
1. Use natural laundry soap for washing natural fibers such as cotton and silk.
2. Add a half-cup of baking soda to the wash cycle along with your normal detergent to get rid of odors and residues left in clothing.
3. Add a cup of vinegar to your wash to remove any residue left by fabric softeners.
4. Naturally bleach clothes with lemon juice and sunshine. Just add a half-cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle and hang clothes outside to dry.
5. Add a half-cup of hydrogen peroxide to the rinse cycle to whiten clothes.
6. Make your own laundry starch by mixing two teaspoons of cornstarch with a cup of water. Pour into a spray bottle and have at it.
Remove Tough Stains
Proper stain treatment will keep clothing looking new longer. Just follow these easy stain removal tips to get out everything from oils to mustard.
Portable Laundry Room Storage Unit
Turn regular plastic storage bins into laundry room storage units and portable clothes baskets. When clothes are clean, folded and in their proper bin, simply slide out the container and unload fresh laundry in its designated room.
Learn the Laundry Basics
Whether you're a laundry novice or just want to refresh yourself on the basics, we'll show you how to sort and prepare, treat or mend, wash, dry, fold and put away clothes.
Antonio's Best Makeovers From HGTV Design Star
From the infamous hot pink geese to Kathy Griffin's lavender home office, catch up on Antonio Ballatore's most memorable makeovers from Design Star.
From Boring to Stylish Bachelor's Pad
Designer Ebonee Bachman transforms a young man's bland space into the ultimate bachelor pad, full of color and stylish accessories.
Feminine Master Suite Makeover
Designers Jackie Bayer and Sadie Sanchez of Amanda Austin Interiors created a one-of-a-kind master suite for a homeowner who loves all things feminine, romantic and covered in jewels.
Outdated Master Suite Goes Glam
Designer Nile Johnson proves he knows design when he turns a master suite that's stuck in the past into a glamorous getaway full of interesting details.
Culinary Kitchen Remodel
Designer Linda McDougald cooked up a kitchen remodel with state-of-the-art appliances, plenty of storage and a nature-inspired palette to suit the dreams of a culinary student.
French Country Kitchen Makeover
Designer Bonnie Pressley takes this kitchen from its dated '70s design to a classic French country style, complete with new appliances, antique accents and hand-painted tiles.
Create Glass Lanterns for the Backyard
Add pizzazz to a summer patio with hanging lanterns. Suspended from shepherd's hooks, these easy, inexpensive candleholders will add sparkle to the garden by day and illuminate a pathway by night.