6 Tips for Cleaner Clothes
Learn how to turn common household items into washday wonders with these six simple tips.
You don't need a lot of fancy products in your laundry room to make your clothes sparkle. Check out these simple tricks for getting your clothes cleaner.
Simple Home Solutions
1. Use natural laundry soap for washing natural fibers such as cotton and silk.
2. Add a half-cup of baking soda to the wash cycle along with your normal detergent to get rid of odors and residues left in clothing.
3. Add a cup of vinegar to your wash to remove any residue left by fabric softeners.
4. Naturally bleach clothes with lemon juice and sunshine. Just add a half-cup of lemon juice to the rinse cycle and hang clothes outside to dry.
5. Add a half-cup of hydrogen peroxide to the rinse cycle to whiten clothes.
6. Make your own laundry starch by mixing two teaspoons of cornstarch with a cup of water. Pour into a spray bottle and have at it.
Remove Tough Stains
Proper stain treatment will keep clothing looking new longer. Just follow these easy stain removal tips to get out everything from oils to mustard.
Learn the Laundry Basics
Whether you're a laundry novice or just want to refresh yourself on the basics, we'll show you how to sort and prepare, treat or mend, wash, dry, fold and put away clothes.
Portable Laundry Room Storage Unit
Turn regular plastic storage bins into laundry room storage units and portable clothes baskets. When clothes are clean, folded and in their proper bin, simply slide out the container and unload fresh laundry in its designated room.
Online Flash-Sale Shopping for Your Home
Have an Internet connection and an hour? Get the living room of your dreams! HGTV Magazine shopped nine flash sale sites and created this space from scratch.
Light, Bright Transitional Home Makeover
In this light, transitional home project by designer Blanche Garcia, the homeowner got her wish for a relaxed atmosphere full of style to share with her two children and dog.
From Boring to Stylish Bachelor's Pad
Designer Ebonee Bachman transforms a young man's bland space into the ultimate bachelor pad, full of color and stylish accessories.
Antonio's Best Makeovers From HGTV Design Star
From the infamous hot pink geese to Kathy Griffin's lavender home office, catch up on Antonio Ballatore's most memorable makeovers from Design Star.
Small Kitchen, Big Makeover
Designer Laura Dalzell helps this family of six get the stylish, convenient kitchen they need, making sure there's plenty of room for everyone.
Feminine Master Suite Makeover
Designers Jackie Bayer and Sadie Sanchez of Amanda Austin Interiors created a one-of-a-kind master suite for a homeowner who loves all things feminine, romantic and covered in jewels.
Updated White Transitional Kitchen
Lighter cabinets and countertop choices helped designers Angelique Baez and Sonny Hires give this transitional kitchen a much-needed update.